At New Canaan Pediatrics, we are committed to providing the best possible care to our patients and families. We have been practicing in the area for over 50 years and we love watching our families grow and thrive. We cherish our relationship with our families and hope you find expertise and consistent quality in the services we provide.
We recently sent an email blast to our families about the many changes that have taken place in the health care industry in recent years. As insurance payments shrink and administrative costs rise, private medical groups struggle to remain viable. Many area pediatricians have already implemented some type of administrative/practice fee. We held out as long as we could, but are now faced with not wanting to compromise service in order to continue the quality care our families know and deserve.
Beginning May 31, 2021 New Canaan Pediatrics will be implementing an annual Comprehensive Care Fee.
What Will This Comprehensive Care Fee Help Cover?
- Continuation of and direct access to our doctors 24/7 (no night nurse service fee & no charge for after-hours calls).
- Compliance with new regulations and liabilities impacting workplaces and front line healthcare workers.
- Pediatric electronic medical records & electronic submission to pharmacies to expedite access to additional services.
- Telehealth consults.
- An on-line developmental screening platform to improve the yearly preventive/well-care visits.
- Our Patient Portal – this expands our 24/7 access to your doctor/nursing staff, medical records, forms, and more. No more form fees.
- New Interactive Website – allows for ease of access to our portal, telehealth visits, AAP educational materials, symptom checkers and more. It is a permanently changing repository of digital and state of the art services to facilitate care and information.
- UV sterilization lamps and HVAC upgrades to ensure sterilized exam rooms extending well beyond recognized universal best practices such as post care wipe downs and disease prevention/mitigation protocols.
- Additional investments in clinical and practice management areas that make care access easier and recognizes the multiple ways in which our patients may choose to access care for their families.
- Continue to offer a wide selection of insurance companies for all our families.
How to Pay Your Comprehensive Care Fee & Your Financial Policy
With the many new changes in healthcare, we have updated our Financial Policy. Our financial policy is our contract with you so it’s important for all our families to read it, sign, and send it back to us. To review, sign, and submit the Financial Policy, Click Here.
You can pay your Care Fee via our secure website payment system. Click Here
We have structured the fee to cover the minimum costs. Starting May 30, 2021 our yearly Care Fee is as follows:
$50 per patient 18 years and younger
$25 per patient 19 years and older
$150 maximum per family
This fee is due every year on or before May 30th. If the fee poses a financial burden or you are covered under Husky/Medicaid please contact our office to discuss a different process.